Friday, October 3, 2008

HOME

After weeks of dreaming and wishing and hoping I am finally HOME. It's not that there was anything wrong with Bangkok...but I was just seriously homesick and needing a break from the big city.

The trip started with an almost tearful goodbye to Sean (we'd convinced ourselves that I was just going on "vacation" in order to keep me from starting my long journey sad and teary-eyed) at 6am. I flew to Hong Kong first and then boarded the LONGEST FLIGHT EVER. 14.5 hours is far too long for anyone to be expected to sit still.

Once I arrived in Toronto the excitement set in. People were speaking English! They were cranky and unhelpful! I was back in Canada! When I got to my gate it got even better. Newfie accents! Oil rig workers on the way back from Alberta! Ahhh home sweet home.

After a scary moment when we all thought the flight would be diverted to Halifax, the plane touched down in St. John's. And as is the case on most TO - St. John's flights, the cabin erupted in cheers and "woo hoo"s as soon as we landed. But the best part of the whole thing was stepping off the plane and feeling COLD instead of suffocating heat! Yay!

I'm still super jet lagged and constantly tired but that hasn't stopped me from starting in on my list of "things to do when I get home". I had a hot turkey sandwich with fries, dressing and gravy today (drooool) and went for a brief shop downtown. Tomorrow will be all about a drive to the ocean, signal hill, more downtown shopping and then of course, some serious time on George St.

Now, like Sean mentioned, the countdown is on. C'mon Dec. 6th!!!!

No comments: