Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bangkok Dangerous

No, I'm not referring to the movie "Bangkok Dangerous", I'm referring to the fact that things are heating up here in Bangkok again. Last night, anti-government protesters clashed with police, resulting in a couple of deaths and a couple hundred injuries (some of them very serious). My impression is that things aren't going to get better anytime soon. There is talk that the government might impose a curfew, making it illegal for people to gather in public in groups of more than 4 people. We shall see....

Below is a picture from Bangkok Post's website showing a scene from last night's violence. Not to worry though, I am making sure to stay well away from any of the protests.


Sean

1 comment:

Jon LeDrew said...

Be careful, Sean. Then again I'm guessing you are like a giant over there. So I suspect the picture in this blog is the scene after Sean stomped through a neighborhood in search of food.