Thursday, November 15, 2007

Traffic concerns?

As we've mentioned before, traffic in Bangkok is ridiculous. Although, we've heard it's much worse in Beijing but I can't imagine how. The following video was taken at the intersection just down the street from our apartment. I love how the bikers wiz throughout the cars, breaking every rule of the road...including, quite often, any regarding driving on sidewalks.

We use the concrete skywalks, from which we shot the first portion of the video, to cross the streets...to do otherwise would be extremely hazardous.

Speaking of hazardous, I managed to catch some bug in the last 24 hours. Nothing too serious yet, besides a fever and sore throat, but forcing me to work from home nonetheless. I guess there wasn't much point injecting myself with every vaccination known to man....

No comments: