Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My new yoga studio

I went to my first yoga class at a studio here in Bangkok this morning. The class and the instructor were excellent, which I was very excited about :) There seemed to be lots of British/American/Australian people (i.e. people who speak English!) coming and going so maybe I'll meet some yogi friends!

The only downside was the HEAT! It was at least 30 degrees and the studio didn't have any air conditioning on! What's worse is that there was a fan right in the room but the instructor didn't turn it on...I guess everyone else is just used to the suffocating heat. I won't get into details here...but lets just say that I sweat more in that class today than I have in all my other yoga classes combined! And get this...the studio actually offers Hot Yoga! It's a form of yoga where the room is actually heated to a certain temperature....ON PURPOSE! The existing tropical heat is quite enough for me thank-you-very-much!

M

No comments: