Thursday, August 21, 2008

Aunt Marion departs

After 4 busy but fun-filled weeks, Aunt Marion has departed for home. She is at Bangkok International waiting to board her flight at the moment and has 41 hours of travelling before she touches down in St.John's. For the last week, she was hopping all over Thailand and even managed to make it to Malaysia but I won't get into the details of here trip as I'm sure she is eager to tell everyone herself. I will say that she has some great stories, pictures, and souvenirs. Honestly, I'm quite sure she cleaned out some of the vendors. :) Oh, and her dresses look fantastic! If only she can make it through LAX without someone riffling through her luggage and stealing them...which she is very concerned over after the jewellery theft at LAX in '95. :)

It was a real pleasure having Aunt Marion stay with us and I think she really enjoyed her adventures. Hint, hint to anyone else interested in visiting....

Anyway, I will add one picture, Aunt Marion captaining a river raft (literally, a "raft") near Chiangmai. I hear there were no survivors when the captain suddenly abandoned ship (just kidding).

No comments: