Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rockin' with MiG Ayesa

We Will Rock You, the Queen musical, TOTALLY ROCKS!!!! We went to the second last show of the international tour last Saturday night and had a really awesome time. I wanted to stand up and dance for most of the show and Sean said that every time he looked at me I had a huge smile on my face and was all wide-eyed. It was really great. Have I said that already?

For those of you who were not obsessed with Rockstar: INXS when it was on t.v., MiG Ayesa made it to the final three but was eventually beat out by that guy who won...what was his name??? No idea...although I did see him front INXS when they played Mile One in St. John's. ANYWAY, point is, MiG was on that show but BEFORE that he was playing the lead in this musical during the London production. Thankfully, he continued in this role during the international show. I've re-kindled a little crush on him now that I've seen him rock through Queen's discography...but Sean understands. He thought he was awesome too ;)

Surprisingly, a lot of the songs they did I knew and loved, but had no idea they were by Queen! LOL. I kept saying to Sean "Queen wrote THIS?!". It was great though, because at first I wasn't sure if I'd know much of the music. We tried to buy the c.d. after the show, but they didn't have any. I'll have to track it down online - I've had those songs in my head all week!

Well anyway, enough gushing from me. I get really excited about musicals - I just love them. So much fun! It was disappointing at first when we realized that Bangkok really doesn't have much in the way of concerts, musicals, theater, etc. But this performance made up for the previous 8 months of missing the arts.

Next up: Mamma Mai the movie...can't possibly beat the stage show, but i'm sure it'll be entertaining.

2 comments:

2-ton said...

Just got this on my alert! I am a big Queen and MiG fan (as you can see by my blog page), so I have a couple of links for MiG forums...Team MiG and MiG fans SG Of course his official site has a forum but it is going to be down for a short time. Glad you loved the show, too bad the tour is over. BTW, MiG will be in Hong Kong in August for a show! And he loves to meet his fans, if you should get the chance.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was at the Saturday afternoon show, as well as both shows on Sunday. It was fantastic! I posted some clips on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/wwryhk

Seconding what 2-ton said - come visit one of his forums!