Thursday, April 17, 2008

Muay Thai training

I had my first taste of Muay Thai (i.e. Thai kick boxing) recently when I went to a training camp in Pattaya, which is a 2 hr drive from Bangkok. It was a fantastic complex with 4 rings and lots of trainers to teach you the basics one-on-one. On both days, there were 2 2-hr training sessions. It was a brutally hard workout but by the time it was over, I feel like I had a grasp of the various moves. The trainers were sure to clip me in the head or knee me in the ribs if ever my guard was down. Overall, I can't rave enough about the experience and how cool it was. Hopefully, I'll be able to go back sometime during the summer.

As for Pattaya, I didn't think it were possible to find a bigger party city than Bangkok. It is a city with numerous beach resorts and an obscene number of bars & clubs. Even the congestion of bars and people on George St. during Mardi Gras pales in comparision. If anyone is looking for a place to party 24/7, Pattaya is definitely that place.

No comments: