Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Next stop, Malaysia.

As some of you know, Sean and I have been trying to make some decisions regarding our next trip. I need to leave Thailand at the end of February and get a new visa so we figured we'd make a vacation out of it rather than just doing a visa-run (that's when travelers take a bus to the nearest border, cross it, and then turn around and come back. That sounds horrible, right?! Especially the bus part...) Side note: It's amazing that we've been here so long that I need to renew my visa!!! It feels like we just left.

So, today while I was checking into some flight information our decision was practically made for us in the form of a huge seat sale. Flights to Kuala Lumpur for the time we needed to go were on sale for $0! Love. It. I immediately called Sean (who's response was "I say do it"), and proceeded to book the flight (which, obviously did not cost $0 in the end...I'm pretty sure airlines are the only companies in the world that could get away with that kind of "sale"). We'll be traveling from Feb. 28 - Mar. 4. At this point we have no idea where we'll be going or what we'll be doing once we get there but I'm sure we'll find all kinds of fantastic things to see and do between now and then.

Here's the Malaysian Government tourism website in case you're interested: www.tourism.gov.my

No comments: