Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Trapped in Bangkok

At the moment, I'm not very confident that I'll be getting out of Bangkok by December 6th. A court ruling just dissolved 3 political parties, including the one in power, and banned the PM from politics for 5 years over fraud charges. So, the protesters have gotten what they wanted and will leave the airports, right? Not quite. Seems they want the ministers banned as well. Regardless, even if they did abandon the airports, it could take weeks for inspections and re-certifications to be completed. If I wait around, I may very well spend Christmas in Thailand.

My good friend Dave W emailed me to offer his support writing "something like this happens to me all the time." It's true, bad things just seem to happen to Dave. So much so that I firmly believe Murphy's law should be re-written to "if anything can go wrong, it will (happen to Dave)". He always had the most interesting adventures when he'd travel for work to the US or UK, I suppose I'm getting a taste of it.

On a brighter note, I just finished packing up my apartment. It was a daunting task, squeezing everything Meg and I had collected in the last year into 2 carry-ons and 3 checked bags but at least it's done. Now, if only I was able to go somewhere....



Sean

P.S. Aunt Marion, if I can't made it to your house for Sunday dinner, save me a plate. ;)

1 comment:

Sam Russell said...

ah the old consilient guitar, how i miss jamming in the lunch room.